Monday, August 17, 2009

Mountains of Spices!


Another wonderful gastro contribution from the Turkish land is the amazing variety of spices sold in the local market. I bet if you buy one of each, your kitchen would become a symphony of smell! There were chili powder, mint, curry, saffron, basil...it was just piles and piles of colorful goodness that resembles a walk on a rainbow.

I took this picture at the Spice Market (also called the Spice Bazaar). You can bargain for a good price, but not too low though. Besides spices, tea leaves, Turkish delights, and other local delicacies were also sold by the vendors. It was a culinary heaven and the best part for me was I didn't have to smell anymore meat for a short while.

1 comment:

Jessica@FoodMayhem said...

I hope you brought lots of stuff back!