Saturday, December 27, 2008

Salmon


The only food that's stopping me from becoming a vegetarian are...salmon and dairy. Yep. I tried to take them away from my diet, but I always go back to them. I don't want to restrict myself too much, so I eventually settled to become a pescatarian. We often crave for certain food or food of certain texture when we're not feeling well. Some maybe for salty snacks like chips, sweets like chocolate, or creamy goodness like soup. Me? I crave for salmon. Maybe it's a cry out for my body's need of protein. Before I stopped eating animal meat, I craved chicken, but now, it's salmon (and sometimes yogurt). And miraculously, I often feel 'happier' and better after a 'fishy' meal (but the fish probably wasn't too happy to swim in my stomach *_*). Salmon is one of the healthiest fish out there. We all know it's rich in omega 3 and provides a good source of protein. Visually, I love its bright pink color (as long as it's not artificial). I can totally distinguish if a piece of salmon is of good quality or not. If I ever splurge on a meal, it's definitely on fish. Wild-caught salmon definitely tastes fresher and more 'organic' than farm-raised ones. I can settle for store brand oatmeal, 99 cent stationery, but when it comes to produces and fish, I don't mind paying a little extra for them. I mean, they're contributing to my health and I think it's totally worth it. Anyone would like to name their comfort food? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

salmon is def one of my fave foods - i had it for dinner last night haha