Saturday, February 20, 2010

Random thoughts...


I took this random picture while I strolled around the Meatpacking District in Manhattan. I love rundown, realistic objects. If I had a choice of career, I would love to be a documentary photographer. It's a risky job, but it would be so fulfilling and meaningful.

When I saw this fan, I could imagine it had labored through many hours of usage, keeping the person/space cool and comfortable. Now that the weather is cold, this machine has no further purpose, but only as a decoration by a barred window. The fan's weathered condition hasn't been remedied by anyone. For once, I felt sorry for this object, wishing someone would at least brush off the prolific dust or at least adjust the fan so it isn't drooping its 'head'. We often under appreciate the small details around our lives.

Just a thought. A random thought.

No comments: