Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Chocolate Ricotta Cake


There are fou reasons for this baking session. First, I needed to use up the remaining ricotta cake from my Thanksgiving tiramisu. Second, my friend is feeling down lately and doesn't have much of an appetite. My maternal instincts immediately click and wanted to bake her something. Third, baking has always been my therapeutic outlet and I find seeing something created from scratch to finish really rewarding. Fourth, well, I needed to write a new post!


This chocolate ricotta cake is like a one bowl wonder. Besides the sifting and the butter melting, the process is quite simple to follow. Better yet, it's vegetarian because no egg is involved! Well, there's still dairy, but if you don't eat egg, this is definitely a dessert to savor. So without further ado, I present you a very moist chocolate ricotta cake.


Ingredients


3/4 cup of ricotta cheese

2 cups of self-rising flour

1/2 cup cocoa powder

1 cup of sugar

1 stick of butter, melted

1/2 cup of hot water


Steps


1. Preheat oven at 325 F

2. Sift flour and cocoa powder. Then add sugar, butter, water, and ricotta. Mix well, but don't over do it.

3. Butter a pan and pour mixture in.

4. Bake 45-50 minutes. Insert knife to test if the cake is done. If the knife comes out dry, then take the cake out.


You can serve this with some homemade berry sauce or add nuts as well. You're free to decide.

Enjoy!

No comments: